£28,000 – £35,000 a year – Full-time, Part-time (salary pro-rata), Fundraising Manager, Steps2RecoveryReports to: CEO, Board of TrusteesLocation: Ladbroke Grove, with some opportunity for hybrid working
Purpose Of the Role
This exciting position is a key role within our organisation and will suit a tenacious and inventive relationship builder with an eye for detail and a passion for our purpose to help grow and maximise income from trusts and foundations. You will lead fundraising and support the CEO and Board of Trustees to further develop a sustainable income base on which to consolidate our work and raise awareness. You will identify, engage, and approach new grant giving organisations as well as maintain and strengthen relationships with existing supporters. You will work with the CEO and Board of Trustees to implement our fundraising strategy and grow and diversify our base of support through charitable sources including trusts and foundations, corporate supporters, individual donors and events.
Planning and Organising
1. In conjunction with the CEO and Board of Trustees, develop a process for reviewing our three year strategy and agreeing annual business plans and fundraising objectives. Ensure that in-year monitoring processes are robust and meet standards for reporting outcomes to stakeholders.
2. Work with colleagues from across the organisation to develop strategically beneficial projects and proposals and progress reports with necessary levels of service-user involvement
3. Manage and report on income and expenditure budgets related to trusts and foundations, liaising with the finance team to reconcile income, and contributing information as necessary to and for reports for Senior Management and Trustee Sub-Committee meetings.
4. Act as secertariat to Steps2Recovery’s fundraising committee, working with the CEO and trustees to ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
5. Research fundraising opportunities and writing grant applications to charitable trusts or statutory bodies.
6. Build and manage relationships with high value donors and organisations. Management of our donor database, keeping in touch and letting them know about our successes, needs and opportunities for events and donating.
7. Develop and manage a CRM system to record information relating to the profile and fundraising activity of individual and collective donors.
8. Develop and implement new fundraising campaigns and events. Support delivery of existing fundraising initiatives.
9. Increase fundraising capacity for future years by developing robust processes around budgeting, forecasting and planning, working closely with the CEO and Board of Trustees.
1. Promote the organisation’s equality, diversity, and rights agenda.
2. To attend staff meetings, supervision groups, away days, forums, training, reunions etc as required.
3. Plan and manage your workload effectively to meet your overall targets.
4. Attend team meetings, supervision and training sessions as required by the organisation.
5. Keep up to date on all relevant matters and strive for continuous professional development.
Programme Manager & Fundraiser – Steps2Recovery
1. Strong belief and enthusiasm for Steps2Recovery’s aims and mission.
2. Demonstrable ability to work as part of a client-focussed team in a diverse and challenging environment and to develop harmonious and collaborative working relationships with colleagues, clients, and partners.
3. Proven success in fundraising and/or business development, delivering a balanced portfolio of funding streams.
4. Ability to work with senior level figures and to persuade them to act in support of challenging goals.
5. Proven time management and organisational skills, delivering work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail with minimal supervision.
6. Excellent report writing skills, using multimedia to to highlight both potential and achievement to varied audiences.
7. A talent for expressing complex ideas in simple and effective language, both written and orally.
8. Effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to positively discuss and negotiate with clients, members of the recovery community, other stakeholders and Steps2Recovery staff in the provision of professional quality client service and the furthering of organisational objectives.
9. Excellent organisational skills and the ability to assess, prioritise and manage a varied and demanding workload
10. Education, training and/or relevant experience equivalent to completion of a degree.
11. Right to work in the UK.
12. This post is subject to satisfactory references and to a police check of previous criminal convictions with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Experience of 12 Step recovery and working within a therapeutic environment.
What we offer
– Flexible/hybrid working
– Training opportunities and career development
– Season Ticket Loan Scheme
– 25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
– Contributory Pension Scheme
– Blue Light Card
Salary: £28-35k FTE based on 28 hours per week.
How to apply:
Submit your CV and a statement of up to 500 words saying why you are suited to this role with reference to the above Person Specification and why you want to work for Steps2Recovery, email email@example.com
Six months from the start of employment.
Conditions of employment
Any offer of employment is subject to the satisfactory receipt of two references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK. It may be necessary given the nature of our organisation that you will also need to have a Disclosure and Barring Check (Steps2recovery will pay for this if you have not had one in the last six months).
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time (salary pro-rata)
Part-time hours: 28 per week
Salary: £28,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
Chief Executive Officer – Steps2Recovery
SALARY: £45,000 per annum HOURS: 40 hours per week – Job share considered LOCATION: London
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to, and working closely with, the Chair of the Board of Trustees, the Chief Executive will:
- Provide leadership and direction to Steps2Recovery in the development and achievement of its vision, mission and values
- Take overall responsibility for implementing agreed strategies and working with the Operations Director to achieve the organisational business plan
- Represent Steps2Recovery externally by promoting its services and values and by supporting the Operations Director in the development of all partnership initiatives
The post holder will be the lead senior executive with overall responsibility for the operation of the organisation.
Main Responsibilities and responsibilities
Develop strategic aims and objectives and set direction whilst operating within the cultural ethos of Steps2Recovery.
- Deliver the long-term strategic plan in order to further strengthen governance and fundraising and to increase awareness of the Steps2Recovery model.
- Achieve successful outcomes with income generation opportunities, including new partnership strategies relating to statutory funding, trust/foundation applications and fundraising events.
- Lead in the management of current relationships and identify new revenue opportunities.
- Work with the Operations Director to ensure all data are collected and stored securely in line with current GDPR legislation.
- Serve the Board and Sub-Committee meetings, in liaison with the Chair of the Board, and advise the Board on matters of policy, strategy, legal, financial, staffing and procedural matters.
- Ensure that the decisions made and policies approved by the Board are implemented within the organisation.
- Work closely with the Operations Director to provide regular and accurate management information to the Board, relevant to the discharge of the Board’s responsibilities, guiding and supporting them as appropriate.
- Build a collaborative working partnership with the Chair, and enable communication and collaboration between Board members, staff, volunteers and stakeholders.
- Assess and review the organisation’s budgets and financial plans on a regular basis, ensuring that funding is properly sourced and managed.
- Ensure the organisation is sustainable and financially viable, meets all legal and statutory requirements and adheres to Steps2Recovery’s policies and procedures.
- Prepare an annual budget for Board approval.
- Oversee the timely production and submission of end of year accounts.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of funding applications and tenders for new contracts, in line with strategy and mission.
To work with the Operations Director to network within the Addiction and Criminal Justice sectors in order to develop operational and financial opportunities.
- Oversee the management of relationships with key stakeholders.
- Represent Steps2Recovery at events, strategic planning boards and governmental bodies.
- Represent Steps2Recovery, locally, regionally and nationally – both as key speaker and as delegate.
- Ensure Steps2Recovery’s public profile is developed and maintained, foster relationships with government, statutory, voluntary and private bodies, individuals and other external stakeholders.
- Ensure abstinence-based recovery and the 12 Step Model are promoted within the sector to partners and influencers.
- Ensure that all outward facing digital marketing communications are current and effective.
- Lead, supervise, and motivate staff members and volunteers and to ensure they receive relevant induction, training, supervision, and support.
- Line manage senior members of staff, carry out appraisals and implement agreed development plans.
- Oversee the professional development and support of all employees.
- Manage the recruitment of staff in conjunction with the Operations Director
- Chair regular meetings of well-prepared individuals making the time spent effective, enjoyable, and relevant.
- Work with the Operations Director to ensure the effective running of HR systems.
- To undertake continuous professional development / professional training / learning opportunities in line with the needs of the post and resources available.
- To be familiar with and uphold of all Steps2Recovery’s Policies and Procedures including Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities.
- Travel to other sites for the purposes of meetings, training
- Uphold Steps2Recovery’s vision, mission and values through words and actions
- To undertake other tasks and duties as appropriate following consultation with the Chair of the Board of Trustees
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of duties but is intended to reflect a range of duties the post-holder will perform. The job description will be reviewed regularly and may be changed in the light of experience and in consultation with the post-holder.
|PERSON SPECIFICATION AND KEY COMPETENCIES
Knowledge and Qualifications
Educated to degree level, or post graduate professional qualification, or can demonstrate equivalent qualifications, skills and experience.
Knowledge of government policy relating to addiction, allied to an understanding/experience of the Criminal Justice System (Prisons and Probation).
Substantial knowledge and experience, at a senior management/Board level, within the statutory and non-statutory sectors.
Knowledge of Charity and Contract Law.
Knowledge, understanding and experience of working with a governance framework.
An understanding of therapeutic treatment modalities with a specific commitment to abstinence-based recovery and the 12 Step programme.
An understanding of new/current statutory funding processes in the addiction sector.
Previous experience in a senior leadership role within a not-for-profit organisation.
Minimum of three years’ experience of leading teams in the not-for-profit or Criminal Justice/Addiction sectors.Substantial experience of business and strategic planning, with an ability to track performance against objectives and deliver results.
Developing and fostering close working relationships with a Board of Directors or Trustees, in particular the Chair of the Board.
Successful strategic and day to day financial management, including budget preparation, monitoring and reporting.