Project: Residential & Day programme Steps2Recovery – London
Reports to Board of Trustees
Location Central London
Steps2Recovery (S2R) aims to improve the lives of people in the criminal justice system affected by alcohol or drug dependency by providing high quality, abstinence-based treatment options which integrate 12-step recovery programmes and other appropriate therapies, as well as working with other agencies.
The Steps2Recovery house is provided by St Mungo’s and provides supported residential and day care services to support and encourage all those involved to improve the quality of their lives and to fulfil their potential without recourse to alcohol, drugs and re-offending.
Breaking the chain of addiction and re-offending in the community, creating a safer environment for all
Overall Purpose Of The Job
- To work with the trustees of S2R and St Mungo’s to manage a 12 step residential & day programme for clients with substance misuse and criminal justice issues
- To work with referral agencies and St Mungo’s to manage client referral to best utilise bed space, residential and day programme availability, ensuring the appropriate mix to provide support and opportunity for clients
- To ensure the delivery of high quality treatment services to all clients.
- Adherence to the Code of Ethics and community security
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To lead, organise, and supervise the counsellor/project /volunteers/project workers to ensure all round delivery of therapeutic programme and fulfilment of case management obligations, including organising rotas, arranging cover as agreed and assigning specific duties and tasks.
- To carry a caseload of clients and establish and manage the counselling relationship.
- To contribute to the development of the knowledge and practice of trainee counsellors/volunteers/ peer supporters and other placements through induction, supervision and support
- To oversee referrals, assessments and admissions. Developing operational plans to maintain full client occupancy
- To develop and sustain arrangements for joint working between workers and agencies, setting up service level agreements
- To prepare and oversee reports for external agencies, client records, ensuring quality standards are maintained and deadlines met.
- To oversee the resettlement process and assist clients to explore future employment, training, educational and leisure opportunities and to access housing and accommodation in conjunction with resettlement worker
- To supervise urine screening tests and carry out drug and alcohol screening tests according to procedure
- To attend external appointments with clients including case conferences and court hearings and to act as an advocate when appropriate. To attend planning meetings with the team
- To oversee discharges, design continuing care plans and provide discharge summaries, to lead on audit management and monitor the day to day operations
- To oversee and make applications for funding for clients, as appropriate.
- To oversee the housing benefit/ & discretionary payment process for clients ensuring the client attends all necessary meetings to maintain funding
- To be on call for emergencies
- Supervise treatment staff to ensure the day-to-day delivery of the treatment programme
- Develop, provide and review treatment planning in conjunction with counselling team
- Deliver therapeutic interventions as required including one to one and group counselling, lectures, workshops, family work and therapeutic contracts. Housing information/ back to work information Training delivery
- To take a proactive role in monitoring and maintaining a safe therapeutic environment.
- To monitor the conduct of clients in reference to project expectations and to confront clients as
- Identify the hazards and evaluate risks to clients; reduce the risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Identify any risks to community; adhere to the community care standards and Health and safety standards
- Promote people’s equality, diversity and rights
- Promote Steps2Recovery and its services to stakeholders
- Ensure good record keeping and participate in outcome monitoring or service evaluation exercises.
- To attend staff meetings, supervision groups, away days, forums, training, reunions etc as required.
- To undertake other tasks and duties as may be required from time to time by Steps2Recovery.
- To adhere to all policies and procedures as set out in the Steps2Recovery Staff Handbook
A minimum of 5 years experience of working in a therapeutic environment with clients with substance misuse/ criminal justice issues. At least one year’s experience of leading and motivating a team including staff supervision.
- Understanding of and commitment to working with and implementing the 12-step model of treatment.
- Experience of liaising with and maintaining good relationships with external agencies.
- Good communication skills, including preparation of reports and case notes.
- Ability to use a personal computer and be self-administering.
- Relevant qualifications e.g. accredited Diploma in Addiction’s Counselling, UKCP.
- Experience of providing and maintaining a therapeutic programme.
- Experience of client care management from assessment to aftercare.
- Experience of maintaining rotas and timetables to ensure staff cover.
- Ability to work with administrative staff and systems to ensure funding & housing benefit income
- Experience of upholding policies and procedures.
- Experience of ensuring consistently high standards of service delivering.
- At least 2 years experience of carrying a caseload and of 1-1 counselling and groupwork.
- Experience of providing workshops, lectures and other therapeutic interventions to include support in training
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and to achieve project objectives.
- Ability to liaise effectively with other agencies.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures and to deliver a service within Steps2recovery Equal Opportunities Policy.
£ 32,000 – £35,000
36 hours per week
25 days a year
Six months from the start of employment.
Any offer of employment is subject to the satisfactory receipt of two references
Conditions of employment
Any offer of employment is subject to the satisfactory receipt of two references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK. Employees working with clients will also need to have a CRB disclosure (Steps2recovery will pay for this if you have not had one in the last six months).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.